February 08, 2021 7 min read
Marriage is not always sunshine and roses. When you or your partner has psoriasis, marriage becomes more complicated. This Valentine’s Day, we share the story of Helen and Tony. Married for almost 30 years and with 3 girls, Tony’s psoriasis emerged a few months before meeting Helen. The couple tell us about the havoc the skin condition wreaked on their marriage, and their joint struggle to cope while bringing up their girls.
Through this interview, we hope to give you their insights on holding your marriage together when one of you is struggling with psoriasis.
1. How did you first meet?
2. Had you been diagnosed with psoriasis when you started dating Helen? When and how did you tell her about it?
3. What did you first think when Tony told you he had psoriasis?
4. You’ve been married for 27 years. Do you feel it has affected your marriage? If so, how?
5. What’s the hardest thing about living with psoriasis?
6. Did your relationship change when the psoriasis was under control? If yes, how did it change?
7. What advice would you give a partner living with someone who has psoriasis?
Helen: Be compassionate. It’s a horrible condition.
8. What is the most important thing you want people to know about being in a relationship and having psoriasis?
Give yourself or your partner the gift of relief from psoriasis! To celebrate this Valentine’s Day, Abundant Natural Health is giving away four (4) bundles of our Ocean Soothe® Psoriasis Gel and Lotion and Abundant Element - Skin to help you heal from the inside out.
To enter, join one of the Facebook groups ‘Overcoming Psoriasis’ or ‘Overcoming Psoriasis Australia’ and tell us your psoriasis love story in the comments section of this post. There will be two (2) winners selected from each page.
Join the Abundant Natural Health family today and receive a FREE sample pack and 10% OFF your first order.